BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Expectations and Tired Metaphors

I wrote this a few weeks ago, it's a mix of angsty feelings and ideas lol...and it's been edited a little (because it was too personal and revealing haha). Begin rant now!

If you ask me to show you the place where
I crumbled to my knees shaking and trying to
Hold whatever self I had left to hold together
I don’t think I could because that place is
All over my room and my backyard and my driver’s seat
And my old locker and that staircase by the math department
And the bathroom of a hotel downtown
And some old cottage by the beach
And most certainly at your feet
That is the place where I keep finding myself
On my knees at your feet
I’ll put on my best dress and cover up
The disappointment written all over my face
So the night will be perfect
But the night never meets my expectations
I always end up shaking off the glitter and
Crawling into bed as late as I can
Even though I got home hours earlier
Because my home is feeling less like home
I’m tired of this place I’m in
It’s like everything is changing and nothing is changing
All at once
I’m just tired and exhausted and frustrated
And People keep leaving their hearts behind
I want to be done with my old metaphors
With not letting go, scotch tape hearts, tall walls and armies
The closer coast, black eyes, that car crash sort of feeling
I’m done
And I wish everyone would just
Get over themselves and
I wish someone would finally understand this
I’m writing for no one but myself
But I keep thinking how I want people to read it
And understand


+ Lorelie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment