BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Machiavellian Thoughts and Broken Resolutions

I don't usually make new year's resolutions anymore, but this year i did...sort of. I had an idea for a resolution about focussing on myself and the important things in life, and not silly insignificant things like, lets say a relationship or a stupid boy. I'm tired of lending my heart to people who don't take care of it, or don't ackowledge its existence. I'm tired of being thrown away. So my resolution was to take better care of my heart this year...what bullshit.

A few years back i wrote a line, "Stop caving into your weak heart." I incorporated that line into some lyrics, but i never really finished the poem i tried to use it in...and i didn't like it with any other lyrics...i realized it's because it's strong enough as a single line on its own without other words, and it's become my "motto" i suppose. I've wanted to get it tattooed across my left fore-arm for quite some time now, maybe one day. Anyway, i finally incorporated into a piece i wrote after new year's, it's like my resolution...that i've failed at keeping...maybe next year.

ps. This is one of my fave lines from one of my fave political philosophers, Machiavelli, "I am happy for fate to see to what depths I have sunk, for I want to know if she will be ashamed of herself for what she has done." Basically fate keeps fucking with me, either trying to prove something to me or telling me to take control of my own destiny...either way i'm frustrated. The ends can't justify the mans if you never get to your goal, right? K, rant is done, here's my poem i wrote back in january...



*Resolutions from the Heart*

Darling, I am so sorry
I know I keep putting you through this
Over and over and over again
But I don’t know if you’re the problem or if I am
It’s like a vicious cycle between you and I
Do I make you the way you are or do you make me the way I am?
Either way we’re stuck with each other, so let’s make the best of this
That is why I’m going to promise you something
I promise to take better care of you this year
Between impractical dreams, caving in and being thrown around
You’re still beating every other second fighting your weaknesses
The weaknesses I bring upon you
Whether I’m resurrecting past memories and secrets
Welcoming in “what ifs” and “could have beens”
Throwing you against the wall screaming I’m done
Coughing you up and allowing you to be walked all over
I’m always caving in
I’m hurting you, I’m hurting us
And I’m tired of scraping you up from off the faithless floor
Or collecting your pieces, though each time losing a few more
I’m sorry that scotch tape is holding you together when I can’t
And I’m sorry for passing you off as something shiny and whole and open for business
But through the mistakes and second chances
And rough nights with the past and second second chances
You’ve stuck around, because we need each other
I’m sorry for hoping and dreaming so big, filling you with nothing but air
But these dreams, our dreams, are not so impractical
They may not be the safest, but I am learning that they are possible
So just stick around a little longer and I promise things will change
My skin is tougher along with my will
My ribs, though uneven and protruding on one side, are always there for you
Especially when I forget to be or can’t be
So darling, this year will be different, I promise
It’s already started off much better than last year did
Together I think we can break this cyclical rendezvous with dead ends
I just need to keep reminding myself, “STOP CAVING INTO YOUR WEAK HEART.”
Because our life is depending on it

Lorelie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment