BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 12, 2010

So, i've been thinking a lot about the different friendships and relationships i've encountered...and a lot has changed, a lot of people have cut other people out, and i just don't understand certain things. i'm at a time in my life where i have the opportunity to cut some people out...i have before, unintentionally, things just change...but now it's like i have the choice to do it, and i don't know if i can. We'll see how everything goes, i'll be back at school in a month with my school friends i haven't seen in a while anyway. So here's a little poem about a bunch of people and things and feelings.

ps. i cannot stop listening to Raised by Swans, amaaaaazing band...and i'm SUPER excited for Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, oh Michael Cera <3


I can replace your old photos with new faces
And change my heart so you'll no longer fill its spaces
I can feign distaste and ignore your advances
Forget the past and throw away all my chances
I can build walls and burn bridges like the hypocrite I am
Be spiteful and childish because I know I can
And you'll never figure out where it went wrong
I'll cut you out, it won't take very long
But my spine won't allow me to do this to you
Regardless of how much you've put me through
So what would it take to cut you out?
Surely not a conscious of ambivalent doubt
I've never been good with letting go
But there's nowhere for this relationship to grow
Maybe as our last few ties are broken and dissolved
We'll softly part ways with little resolved
Until then I can't cut you out the way others can
It's not how I'm programmed and it's not who I am
To cut you out is the more spineless action you see
I'd rather be bruised and a sucker than act cowardly
I can replace your old photos with new faces
But my heart won't evict you from its spaces

+ Lorelie

No comments:

Post a Comment