BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 14, 2010

i've got a bone to pick

you know what is really frustrating
what really annoys me
when people make you feel dumb for being smart
for having knowledge
for knowing something they don't know either because they don't care
or never had the chance to find out
for having an opinion
and for not being ignorant about something like the rest of society.
lately, those who know me and know my area of study (well at least part of it)
have decided that it is enjoyable to constantly ask me questions about natives, not for their own knowledge but for the enjoyment of making me look dumb because my opinion and knowledge does not match their ignorant, ill informed ideas.
ever since i took courses on native history, natives, their history, their place in society and they way in which they are represented in images have constantly been in discussions.
apparently it is funny when someone says "hey, what do you think about the natives on the jerseys" or "tell him why that is wrong ray charles, tell him why its wrong." or when i correct someone for saying indians instead of natives, first nations or aboriginals to refer to the native peoples. i get laughed at, told that i hope i never teach their kids in school one day.
you know what people who do that to me, screw off. learn something. i don't have time to explain things to you if all you are going to do is laugh at me. continue being ignorant. continue knowing nothing. continue ruining the world with your lack of knowledge.
no wonder racism, sexism, classism and all the other isms still exist.
i have never been so knowledgeable in my life
and i'm made to feel dumb because i know more than most
stupid world
ray charles

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you on this. Frankly, these people are not worth your time. And I hope they get called out one day on their ignorant ways.

    ReplyDelete