BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This is me taking Neptune's trident to fate's throat

So, tomorrow i have an interview at a place that rejected me once for my work placement. My faith in this program has quickly diminished these past few months. I took this stupid waste of life course in order to get an internship...and then i don't get one in the first round, great. So now I've had to apply to a second round of places, and guess what? Only TWO out of FIVE of them i actually have the qualifications and an interest in...again, great. And only one of them has asked me for an interview, one i had applied to in the first round but never heard back from. Seriously, this undergrad councillor better get me a fucking work placement somewhere i like, or i'm going to fucking snap! Anyway, here's a piece i wrote, based off my frustrations and the AMAZING Desiderata, which you should also read.


ps. GO CANUCKS!! (game 6 tomorrow, do or die time again!)

I will tear down each province until you're right beside me
Because this time I'm swinging around closer than ever before
I'm tired of waiting and wishing and believing
And I keep thinking I'll never stop and it kills me
I've fought through ocean currents and thunder storms
Survived armies tougher than my skin and nights with the past
I have been travelling down this road for far too long now
Thinking it will somehow get me closer to you
Foolish Machiavellian thoughts
Because how can the ends justify the means
If I never reach the end I have been so desperately working towards
Strike me down for protesting the gods
But this is me taking Neptune's trident to fate's throat
Because I am done with all of this
I am standing at the crossroads in my life where I could use some help
A favour from the gods I swear I won't reject this time
Since I am going places yet going nowhere
And I am fucking frustrated with these cruel ironic games
Either let me live my dreams or let the world do as it wants with me
I've been eaten and had my heart crushed before so I can take it
Just let the show begin and let destiny come calling
I need to forge my own life separate from this suburban past
But this past is still my present and I so desperately need my dreams
To pull me into their existence and wash away dead ends
Like the tides of a new ocean eroding old rock caverns
Hollowing them from the inside out til they're nothing more than sand
So please take my hand this time and show me the exit
But show me the entrance as well
I don't want to stop believing the universe is unfolding as it should
I don't want to stop wishing for the impractical and unattainable
I don't want to stop waiting for everything I've been waiting for
I've looked past the sham, drudgery and broken dreams
But there's only so much a person can take
Let this be a warning that I'm on my way and I'm ready to be reckless
Since fate thinks it can do as it pleases with my dreams
Well I'm ready to make the impractical possible
And I will tear through the provinces to do so
Don't tell me to strive to be happy because that's what I've always done
I'm tired of waiting and wishing and believing
But I won't stop until it kills me


+ Laura <3

No comments:

Post a Comment