BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 14, 2011

silent bob plushy

so far this summer, my main project has been the silent bob plushy that i made for my little brother (okay younger brother...hes actually 20 and much much taller than me).kevin smith movies have been a family favourite as my brothers and even my mom love several of his movies. some of my friends have also taken to his movies and one of my friends has become my snoogins and my boo boo kitty (terms used in his movies)


above: jay (jason mewes) and silent bob (kevin smith)

back in december i made some monster guys out of felt and some other plushies and was totally inspired to make lots of felt things!
along with my brother, i came up with a sketch of a silent bob plushy (original was on a napkin...)
for my graduation, my mom got me a sewing machine and i started working on silent bob!

the original plan (the middle thing):
the completed silent bob plushy:




 


the hat was a found hat that i cut to fit his head and made mooby the golden calf out of felt
majority of it was hand sewn. the shell of him and some parts were was sewn with my machine. the rest was hand cut and hand sewn to the plushy.

i dont have any pictures of the process because i took most of them with my webcam, showing my older brother who is at grad school now in a different city so bad quality!

hope you enjoy!
i am hoping to make jay soon! i need more materials though

currently i am painting my moms garden gnomes...their eyes have disappeared!

keep crafting!
ray charles

No comments:

Post a Comment