BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 1, 2011

You can call me a tree hugging hippie red, but I'm sticking with the NDP!

Hello Blog! Guess what? Only one week left until I'm totally done the semester and 4th year! This time next week, I will hopefully be finished my last paper! I need to get to work this weekend and write an insane amount of papers and a short story and an exam monday. But I'm so close! I'm super excited for spring and warmer weather and hopefully I can go shopping soon! Anyway, I don't have time to do a full on rant about the election, so I'll be quick.

1) Elizabeth May should be allowed in the national debate. She was allowed in 2008, but the TV groups that controls the debate said at that time the Green Party has a seat in Parliament (as a Liberal crossed the floor to be a Green). So now the Greens have no seats, so she shouldn't debate. Such bullshit. The Green Party won 7% of the vote last time, and runs candidates in constiuencies across Canada, unlike the Bloc who only run in Quebec. About 1 in every 10 Canadians support the Green Party. Plus, she owned Harper in the last debate. She should be allowed to a part of it. Hopefully the public outcry will be as effective as it was in 2008.

2) Harper is restricting questions to five a day throughout his campaign tour. People are screened by his Tory minions to ensure they're pro-Tory too. He also takes four of the five questions from Tory journalists, and only one from other media...and yesterday, when a journalist asked why he only takes five questions, he didn't answer. Biggest issue, he keeps the normal media behind a fence at his speaking engagements. Ummm, this doesn't seem very "democratic," but then again, he isn't very democratic himself so it's expected. The other candidates take questions from all journalists and go out and meet average Canadians. Ugh Harper! Why would anyone support him...

Anyways, I'm in love with this video! The lyrics are so witty and honest and amazing. Success avec le NDP! Go social democrats! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auVGvM4_9XU&feature=related

ps. Leafs are still in it! Only 5 points away from 8th again! Go Leafs! Four games left!

No comments:

Post a Comment