BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 14, 2011

Maybe it was your sick need to give love and take it away.

Hello Blog,

So this past week I was super busy with our model UN conference we host for highschool students. We came up with different crises for my committe, which was a joint crisis between Venezuela and Colombia. It was a lot of fun and I'm really going to miss moderating. Hoepfully next year I'll be able to come back and help out again. I have my last conference during reading week, which is a week away! Ray Charles is coming home in a few days too! So I'm excited for that as well and to hang out with our friends again.

I worked today and for the second sunday in a row I didn't get a break. When I was actually able to take one, I had about 20 minutes left in my shift, so I was like fuck it I'm not taking it now I'm just going to get paid extra. But seriously, it's ridiculous that it's so busy and they never schedule enough people to work Sundays. I think I may talk to my boss next week about it. Funny enough we were given surveys to fill out today to send back to head office about our store lol.

Anyway, the Leafs picked up Joffrey Lupul in exchange for Beauchemin, which I guess makes sense since our defence is pretty kinda strong, aside from Komisarek who messes up a lot. What they really need is a decent play making centre for Kessel, because he needs someone to set up plays and get him the puck. Kessel is NOT a playmaker, he is a sniper with a wicked shot who doesn't use his speed enough. The Leafs are lacking a centre for him, and have now broken up the Mac-Grabo-Kulemin line so they can give him the two Russians who move the puck well. But that breaks up our top scoring line (all three lead the Leafs with 40+ points each!). So Burke needs to get a new centre before trade deadline. Lupul is a good winger, and I thinks he's a good guy, but he's not a centre for Kessel. We're also missing Colby Armstrong right now, and the Leafs tend to lose more when he's out...plus i LOVE Colby, he's such a fun player. So I hope he comes back soon. We also lost Gustavsson because his heart problem is back...which I find quite convenient considering Reimer is still up from the Marlies and Gus was sent down for a two week conditiong stint that wasn't almost finished. I feel bad for him, but he wasn't stopping many pucks. I'll be getting more nervous and angsty as trade deadline day approaches, as always hahaha.

Oh ya, happy Valentines Day! I don't care much for Valentine's day, I think it's a cute idea but it's more of an excuse to buy cards, flowers and candy. I do love candy and chocolate though. It was fun when I was a kid and we gave out cards, and I used to wear pink and red for fun...I plan on wearing my white and pink striped sweater to class tomorrow lol. I've never had a boyfriend on Valentine's day before, but that's alright. I don't think I'd be too into and I would never want anything more then a cute funny card or candy...who doesn't want candy haha! So it doesn't bother me and tomorrow's really just a normal school day. Which reminds me, I need to hit up the library and stock up on books for reading week to start some paper. UGH.

Arcade Fire won best album of the year tonight at the Grammy's!! They beat out like Lady Gaga, Beiber and Katy Perry, which is amazing. I'm so happy, especially since they're Canadian and do us proud. Anywayssss, I love that I went to bed at like 2am every night last week, and woke up at 6am almost every morning...I should catch up on my sleep...oh insomnia. AND my weird bump growth issue where I had my wisdom tooth removed five years ago is healing well...it was lasered off last Tuesday lol. So hopefully it goes back to normal. I need to stop biting the insides of my mouth so much haha.

+ Lorelie

No comments:

Post a Comment