BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 6, 2011

Haikus are too short

Day 29 – Write a haiku or make a friendship bracelet or start a creative endeavour

I don't write haikus, but I do write other poems, lyrics and prose. Maybe I'll do some other creative projects this summer! This is my lame haiku haha - they go 5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables.

I don't write haikus
I write lyrics, poems and prose
Haikus are too short

Below is something I wrote on May 25th.

Warning Signs

I’ve never been the best with description
Maybe it’s because I always rely on my tired metaphors
And my worn out emotions
The same ones that have been following me around for years
I know these feelings all too well
They come and go as they please
I know all the warning signs
But there’s only so much I can do to stop them
From taking over and stripping me of
Any sensibility that my heart understands
Even when my head is the one in control
It just floods my veins with illogical thoughts
And irrational ideas
About counting and repeating and staying safe
I wonder what’s made me this cynical
I never used to be this way
Well maybe that’s not true either
Even in my own imagined worlds things have fallen apart
They’ve turned their backs on me too
I guess it’s a sign that I finally need to face reality
My old self would be ashamed of my new philosophies
But my old self isn’t here to judge me anymore
I wanted you to feel everything I’ve felt
Because why should you be fine
But it’s not like you’re responsible for all of this
I guess I’m just being cruel
I wonder what’s made me this bitter
These feelings just build until they break
Until I cave in again
Do you know what that feels like
Because if you did I would hope that
You would come and save me
I always thought you would
Well no one has yet
Maybe no one will until I can save myself
This may take a while
I keep hoping fate will pull me out of these cycles with dead ends
Because God knows how badly I want it
Yet here I remain like nothing’s changed at all
I wonder what’s made me this undeserving
All I want is to start something new and to stop relying
On my old bad habits for comfort
But most of the time they’re all I have
I wish I wasn’t so afraid of the unknown
If only they understood
My mind tells my heart not to cave in and my heart tells my mind to fuck off
Because you don’t know what this feels like
Well my heart doesn’t know that it’s probably the more rational of the two
In the end though
My mind is a liar and my heart is a liar and I guess I’m just a liar
I wonder what’s made me so dishonest


+ Lorelie

No comments:

Post a Comment