BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 12, 2010

Behind this emotion is my sensible heart

Day 13 - A picture of your favourite band or artist.

If you look at all the bands listed on my "Facebook favourite artists section", you’ll know how much I love music. I can go from listening to a Taylor Swift love song to Boys Night Out screamo. Panic! At the Disco, Bright Eyes, Death Cab, my newest love Mumford and Sons...i have many bands I love, and what I listen to changes daily depending on how I feel. BUT my #1 if I had to choose would be...Dallas Green!




I LOVE both bands he’s in, Alexisonfire and City & Colour. He’s amazingly talented and a brilliant artist. When he talks about writing his lyrics for City & Colour, he explains why he will never write a happy song – he really only writes when he’s sad or upset...and even though his life is great (he’s married, he’s in pretty successful bands) he still gets sad sometimes. Well so do i...But that’s ok, because I love listening to melancholic depressing music, it helps me write my own sad stuff by allowing me to feel and express everything.

Dallas’ lyrics are just amazing, I don’t think there’s a song that can describe me better than “The Sleeping Sickness” or “Sensible Heart.” I’m not sure how much of Alexis’ stuff he writes, but omg his vocals and guitar riffs are amaaaaazing! He can do hardcore or folksy sad stuff, he’s just brilliant. PLUS I MET HIM! lol My friends and I met him at Edgefest back in 2005 (wow five years ago!) and I told him he was “wicked awesome” hahaha! He was super nice and humble. His autograph is framed and on my wall in my room!






If I ever met him again, I would love to talk to him about his songs and their true meanings, and just about writing lyrics. Oh Dallas!

ps. 1st pic of Dallas i took at Edgefest 2009, and 2nd pic is from Roger's Picnic 2008.

+ Lorelie

No comments:

Post a Comment