BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 6, 2010

day seven

Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item.

this wasn't a hard question
and those that know me really well could probably answer this question

my most treasured item aren't really items
i absolutely love pictures
i have thousands and thousands of photos
in my room at school i have 98 hanging either in frames or on magnetic boards or magnetic strings
they are everywhere
one of my favourite pictures of all time is one with my entire family from years ago in front of my old house
another one is from my little brothers high school graduation - you've seen it - and its us being us and i have it sitting beside my bed in a frame
some people say photos are for people who can't remember, i say photos are for people who want to make those memories last forever

this is my camera
i love it dearly
and use it oh so much
it lets me document my life

my other favourite possession is my teddy
his name is teddy and he is orange
i got him on august 9th 1989 - the day of my birth - from my nono and nona
he has slept beside me or in my arms ever since
and has traveled everywhere - on hockey tournaments, camping trips, university and on weekends home. he even went to italy with me!
he also sat with me when i was younger and opened christmas presents, watched movies and stayed in my arms when my mom was pulling out a sliver
teddy will always be with me and it does not feel right when he is not there

he may be a bear
and i may be 21 years old
but he reminds me of home and always made me feel safe when i slept
even when outside my door, it wasn't so safe
he will always be in my bed and i love him dearly

until tomorrow
ray charles

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww! I knew you would put either your photos or camera! And i love the bear! I have a stuffed bunny and a teddy bear that mean a lot to me too! <3

    +Lorelie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have personally benefited from your love of photos and i love the ones we take together<3

    and i love that you have a teddy, i had no idea! i have an ernie, and he has been with me pretty much since birth too. they should get together for a picnic sometime

    ReplyDelete