BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.

Oh boy, there are several things I wish I could change lol. Some days I wish I could change my hair, or my body, or my skin, or all three. Some days I wish I could change things about my life. I wish the Leafs were better and won more games (they did last night though!). I wish the world was as warm and beautiful as my naive heart sometimes thinks it is. Sometimes I wish I lived in a condo in Toronto and not at home with my family in the suburbs. I wish I didn’t waste opportunities. I wish I could change the minds of certain people and certain friends, and make them see things differently. I wish there was no poverty, or homelessness, or destruction of nature. I wish I could change the way the world works, change peoples’ minds, change hearts, change perspectives...change everything.

But obviously none of that will happen. I can’t change everything as much as I sometimes wish I could. I’ve been working since highschool to get to a place where I’ll have the ability to change things, that’s one of the main reasons why I want to get into politics. But right now, there’s not much I can do. I hate that I am no longer an “activist” and that I no longer participate in food drives or fundraising campaigns. Those things only create a little change, but it’s better than no change at all.

However, I don’t think I can pick just one thing to change to be honest. There’s too much I think about changing. One important thing I think about often is something that happened three years ago on the 25th...this one I wish I could change badly. I know a lot of people’s lives changed that night, and I wish to God it didn’t happen. But it did, and there’s nothing I can humanly do about it now. We live and learn, and we keep living, trying to change what we can. We make the best out of everything that happens, because sometimes dwelling on things we want to change just hurts us more. It's not like we can go back in time anyway.

+ Lorelie

No comments:

Post a Comment