BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

day eighteen

Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity.

i think there are lots of people who would say i don't have many insecurities
i am perceived as really confident whether it comes to school or talking to people
many people who only know me in a certain situation ie. in school or at work or at the arena often think i have men kissing the floor i walk on. i get asked about my boyfriend a lot, how he is doing and get the most shocked expressions ever when i tell them i don't have one. guys and girls alike expect me to have one and don't believe me when i tell them i don't. i was once told that i was lying and then they persisted in asking me. others also don't believe that there are no guys in my life (just for the record, the only men in my life are my brothers and an entire league of inline players).

my biggest insecurity is the way i look
i can say there's never been a day where i felt pretty or okay with how i look
i often walk around fine and confident and whatever about it because i don't think it ruins my life or day
my insecurity comes when pictures are taken of me where i have no control over the camera
my insecurity comes when i think about how people perceive me
my insecurity comes when i look in a mirror and i feel like when i left the house i looked better
and mainly, my insecurity comes when i look at picture or in the mirror and i don't feel like i look like that

i often feel like my eyes are larger, my nose is smaller, my hair looks better and my smile is nicer

i know several friends who hate me for feeling like this
and will tell me i'm beautiful and such
i don't ever believe them, because i don't feel like i am
and they don't mean it because they are saying it to make me feel better

within the last few years too my mom and brothers often call me beautiful
never have i heard that until then
and i don't know why they do it but its weird

i don't think confidence in how i look will come necessary with a man
and i rather it not come from that
but it would be nice to feel special i suppose

i rather one day be okay with how i look
and take compliments without questioning intention

ray charles

-twenty three days

No comments:

Post a Comment