BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Phantom Pain

You took my heart with you across the ocean
Sailed away over the Pacific
Now even when I stand on the closest coast
I can only see the waves and the currents
And the sailors on their lonely ships
Because you are no longer here
You are on the other side of the world
Far away from whatever's left of me
The remains of a girl you broke and fixed
And broke and fixed and broke and fixed
And broke
So now I can't feel anything but
My insides clawing at my bones and flesh
Asking where my heart went
And the only answer I can give them
Is that it's across the ocean now
It forgot about us and left us here to wither away
So now being heartless
Is just something we have to deal with
Like the way we dealt with being alone while
He was on another coast
But at least then he would always come back
Or the way we dealt with the last time he left
But at least then he was on the same continent
So now this hollow space constantly reminds me
Of how we were and sometimes I
Forget that he's gone
And it's like a phantom pain
When you think you still have your left leg
But then you realize it got shot off in Nam
I cringe at this awful feeling
This pain
And then remember
You took my heart with you across the ocean
Sailed away over the Pacific
And I am back to feeling nothing at all

No comments:

Post a Comment